Honey Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
Journey and I went to a pumpkin festival at an orchard. It was my first time visiting a real pumpkin patch and picking my own pumpkins. Since we had so many, Journey asked if we could make pumpkin muffins. Of course!
Since she doesn’t eat refined sugar, we used honey to sweeten them. And because I do, I topped mine with a cream cheese frosting. Both were yummy!
HONEY PUMPKIN MUFFIN RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts optional
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 pound cream cheese 1 8 oz package, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light. Beat in honey, egg and pumpkin. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just blended.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tin. Sprinkle on nuts if desired. (If you are going to add icing, sprinkle on nuts after). Bake at 350°F for 15 to 17 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Cream Cheese Icing
- Add the butter and cream cheese to a large bowl and use an electric mixer to mix on low speed until smooth.
- Slowly add the sugar and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add vanilla and mix for another minute.
- Wait until muffins have completely cooled before adding the icing or it will melt. Once muffins have cooled, used a rubber spatula to add icing.