High school years can be challenging for teens and parents. Schedules are more hectic, there’s tons of peer pressure, and academic requirements are much more demanding than they used to be. Plus, the pandemic is taking a toll on students’ motivation and mental health. In this episode, we discuss what we can do to prepare our teens for academic success and help them become stronger students.
In this episode we discuss:
- How to get your teen to open up and talk about school
- How an Academic Success Strategist can help your teen become a better student
- How to figure out your teen’s learning style
- How to help your teen manage their fears about the future
- How to help them learn from their mistakes
- Why grades aren’t the most important indicator of success
- How to support your high-achieving student
- When your teen needs to start preparing for college
- How to boost your teen’s self-confidence
- Why teens to be advocating for themselves
- How to empower your teen to live their own lives
- What your teen really wants from you
Parents play a vital role in helping teens succeed in school by lending their support, some guidance and staying informed. And we need to let them lead while encouraging their independence and building their confidence.