Your teen is listening to you. Even though they are determined to make you think otherwise. How you speak to them can build them up or tear them down. And sometimes, the things you don’t say have the most significant impact. In this episode, we share 10 things your teen needs to hear from you.
In this episode, we discuss…
- Why it’s essential to actively listen to your teen
- How to show support for your teen
- How to show your teen forgiveness
- How to build and maintain a mutual trust with your teen
- Why explaining the “why” can strengthen your relationship with your teen
- Why it’s so important to apologize to your teen when you make mistakes
- Why saying, “I’m proud of you” might not be the best thing to say to your teen
- How to be your teen’s biggest cheerleader
- Why it’s important to let your teen know you still have their back after they’ve left home
- Why you should never take for granted that your teen knows you love them
- How to affirm your teen every day
Incorporating these phrases into daily interactions with your teen can help you maintain a good relationship with them and even repair a broken relationship.