From social media to movies to magazines, young girls are bombarded with media messages that can make it hard for them to feel good about their appearance. In this episode we’ll discuss some practical ways to help your daughter develop a positive body image.
In this episode we discuss…
- What shapes your body image
- What causes girls to be insecure with their bodies
- The biggest impact on the way teens think of themselves
- How social media affects how girls feel about themselves
- Why girls have trouble accepting compliments
- What role parents play in their daughter’s body image
- What makes a person beautiful
- Why boys are raised to be more confident
- What parents can do to help their daughters shape a positive body image
- When to seek help for body image issues
With your guidance and support, your daughter can develop healthy self-esteem and learn to love her body. Keep the lines of communication open and focus on her inner beauty.