The Girl Code and Other Unwritten Rules of Friendship
While each friendship has its own set of unsaid rules, there are some morals and ethics that all girls follow in the name of sisterhood. In this episode of the podcast, we break down the girl code and other unwritten rules of friendship.
All relationships and friendships are different. But when it comes to your girlfriends there are some things that you should always do and some things you should never do.
In this episode, we discuss…
- Why you never leave the friends you went out with
- The time my roommate got locked in a night club
- Wait until your friend is safely in the house before you drive off
- Why you should not accept drinks from strangers or put your cup down at a party
- Why you should always share information about a new person you are dating with your friends
- How to create a “safe word” for your friends and family to signal when you are in a situation that is not safe
- Ways to determine who your real friends are
- What “homey hopping” is
- Why it’s important to be honest but not mean when your friends ask for your advice or opinion
- What happened when I stood up for a friend in high school
- How your friend reacts to your honesty reflects who they are
- Why you shouldn’t judge your friends when they make decisions you don’t agree with
- Why you should stick up for all girls, not just your friends
So based on this conversation you can see that navigating friendships is not easy. And these rules should go both ways. But as long as you honor the rules that should never be broken between girlfriends you should be able to maintain solid friendships. Did we miss any big ones? Comment and let us know!