What Happens When You’re Too Strict With Your Teen
a prayer for owen meany theme essay conclusive research definition how to outline a research paper apa format latex thesis line spacing roman clothes homework help click go to site essays relationship between othello desdemona best nasal spray viagra nasal constriction ambien cr generic price https://journeysmobilevet.com/edimprove/ciprofloxacin-for-cats-without-a-perscription/26/ acetate de etilo donde comprar viagra https://www.aestheticscienceinstitute.edu/medical/new-drug-female-viagra/100/ why should we recycle essay dissertation editing service fabricantes de cialis what happens if you take half a viagra https://plastic-pollution.org/trialrx/prednisone-length-of-usage/31/ cialis efecto en mujeres click essay rewriting software https://awakenedhospitality.com/buy/get-clomid-no-prescription/30/ resultados do cialis centro medico polispecialistico e dentale g moscati how education changed life in essay master thesis corporate social responsibility dissertation munchen https://eagfwc.org/men/cialis-prescription-cost-uk/100/ canadian prescription s legal https://shilohchristian.org/buy/assess-the-influence-of-social-class-on-voting-behaviour-essay/54/ We know that teens need structure and discipline, but being too strict can cause long-term emotional damage. In this episode, we discuss what rules and expectations might be considered extremely strict, what happens when you’re too strict with your teen, when take your discipline techniques too far, and the lasting effect this can have on your teen.
We decided to do a show on this topic after I read a thread on facebook about people who were raised by extremely strict parents and how it affected them and wow—the responses! I’ll shared a few in the episode but I felt so sad for them. And I wondered how many parents thought they were protecting their kids or helping them but in reality, they were basically scarring them for life.
In this episode we discuss…
- What rules and expectations are considered extremely strict
- Why you should not be choosing your teen’s friends
- What happens when you don’t allow your teen to date
- Why your teen might be lying to you
- Why you shouldn’t be so tough on your teen when they make mistakes
- If you have too many rules for your teen
- What emotional blackmail looks like
- Some of the long-term effects of being too strict
- How to make changes if you realize that you are being too strict
- Making a choice parent differently than your parents
- How to increase the chances of having a good relationship with your teen when they become an adult
It goes without saying that having rules and setting expectations are necessary. And of course, most parents have their kids’ best interest at heart. But remember that how strict you are, how controlling you are can have a huge impact on how your kids turn out and affect your future relationship with them.