As parenting has evolved over the years, so has the language we use to communicate. Words are powerful and the meanings we attach are usually formed by what we learn at school, at home, and in society. In this episode, we discuss 6 words you need to redefine for your teen to make sure they are using them and living them in a healthy way.
The world is constantly changing and so are the meaning of words. A word that meant one thing to my generation means something totally different to Journey’s. So we had a conversation about a few words that I felt need to be redefined so that Journey continues to grow into a well-rounded adult.
6 Words You Need To Redefine For Your Teen
In this episode we discuss…
- The definition of what it means to be emotionally strong
- What happens when you don’t deal with your emotions
- Healthy ways to show strength
- What success looks like
- Why failure is an important part of success
- How to find happiness
- What happy people have in common
- What it means to forgive
- Simple ways to practice self-care
- Why I gave Journey a self-care bag
- Why I dislike the word “normal”
- Why it’s ok to be different
- How my generation is adjusting to social change
- Why we don’t have gender roles in our house
What other words do you think need to be redefined?